The possibilities are endless...The Neo 230HAD is a headphone amplifier, a DAC and a line-stage preamplifier all housed in one very stylish package. What else could you possibly ask for ?
Are you passionate about music and desire a unique personal listening experience, yet don’t have the urge to build a “full blown” music system? Are you looking for the perfect desktop solution for a computer based audio system? Do you already own a high-performance music system and have a craving to listen to headphones without making a compromise? If you already have a MOON system, this can be the control center for a secondary system. Or do you simply want to get maximum performance from your reasonably efficient, unbalanced headphones? The possibilities are endless...
For any of these scenarios and more, the Neo 230HAD is more than capable of the task, whatever your needs may be. Based heavily on the reference 430HA headphone amp, the 230HAD features a DSD256/32-bit PCM capable Digital-to-Analog converter (DAC) that can be used with virtually any digital source such a computer, satellite TV receiver or Blu-Ray player, and offering the same fidelity as your main music system.
Ultimately, the 230HAD fills an immense void in the current headphone marketplace, especially when considering its exceptional “price to performance” ratio. Today music lovers need a flexible high quality DAC, capable of both DSD and hi-res PCM. This multi-function product is more about affordable high-performance than minor features.
Significant Design Features
• Inputs include 1 single-ended on rear-mounted RCA’s and 1 single-ended on 1/8” jack located on the front panel.
• Outputs include a ¼” TRS headphone jack, as well as both fixed and variable single-ended line-level RCA stereo pairs.
• Fully asynchronous DAC with four (4) digital inputs (S/PDIF x 2, TosLink x 1 & USB x 1) allowing for use with virtually any digital source; Supports DSD64, DSD128 and DSD256 (USB input only); Supports PCM up to 24-bit/192kHz (all inputs) and 32-bit/384kHz (USB input only).
• Pure analog amplifier using a transconductance circuit.
• An oversized power supply using 1 toroidal transformer in conjunction with 8 stages of DC voltage regulation.
Output power per channel @ 600 / 300 / 50Ω 100mW / 200mW / 1W
Headphone Impedance 20 - 600Ω
Frequency Response (audible) 20Hz - 20kHz ±0.1dB
Frequency Response (full range) 5Hz - 100kHz +0/-3dB
THD @ 1kHz, 0dBFS (A-weighted) 0.005%
Intermodulation distortion 0.005%
Signal-to-noise Ratio 115dB
Input / Output impedance 22KΩ / 1.25Ω
Shipping weight 6.2 lbs. / 2.8 Kgs
Dimensions (width x height x depth) 7.0 x 3.0 x 11.0 in. 17.8 x 7.6 x 28.0 cm