The 2M Series is designed for precise and accurate retrieval of the information in the record groove2M Mono SE, 2M Mono and 2M 78 are a true mono cartridges for playing mono vinyl records
2M Red is an all-purpose cartridge that delivers open, dynamic sound with a slight touch of warmth
2M Blue adds more dynamics and resolution, sounds more open and reproduces more details
2M Bronze adds even more details and resolution but in a very evenhanded way that pays respect to all elements
2M Black is the best of everything, true to the groove with resolution and accurate insight into each recording
The 2M Series is developed in conjunction with the Danish Industrial designer Møller Jensen Design – the same designer who designed the award winning MC Jubilee and Kontrapunkt series. Inspired by the facets of a diamond, whose contours gracefully trace the grooves on a record’s surface, the 2M’s handsome elegance establishes a great combination of form and functionality.
The name 2M was selected from among several ideas. We wanted a modern name that would be easy to pronounce and remember, and therefore an alphanumerical name was chosen. 2M means MM, which is the abbreviation for moving magnet.
Of course the 2M isn’t just another pretty face. It has been engineered to the highest standards and is congruent with Ortofon’s unrelenting commitment to providing the most precise and accurate reproduction possible without coloration.
Each of the 2M Series cartridges has its own individual sonic expression, and all five models together represent the ensemble of five classic variations:
The 2M series of cartridges features Ortofon’s trademark split pole pins, an invention that enables moving magnet cartridges to have a flat frequency response, as with a moving coil cartridge. Split pole pins were invented by Ortofon, and were originally presented in the 500 series and Super OM series.
We have optimized the design for ease of mounting the cartridge, and the weight and size to fit the most common turntables on the market today. The 2M Series provides excellent compatibility when used in an assortment of playback systems and with a wide variety of phono preamps.
2M Mono features:
- an improved engine, which provides a high level of sonic accuracy
- R 18µm Nude Spherical stylus that is an optimal solution for playing mono microgroove LP vinyl records
- 2M Mono uses a strapped output to deliver the same output signal from both sets of pole pins. This effectively eliminates the need for mono-specific equipment, making it possible to enjoy true mono reproduction on any stereo playback system.
The 2M Mono Verso model is an alternative product for bottom mount tonearms.
2M Mono exclusive plug-and-play solution
The 2M headshell is a practical and elegant solution for our customers who wish direct and easy mounting and replacement on their tonearm. The combination of 2M Headshell and 2M Series cartridge adds unique distinction to the turntable!
- Universal mount fitting a wide range of tonearms.
- Weight with a 2M cartridge pre-mounted 23g. NB: please check the applicable for the tonearm cartridge and headshell weight range and use the auxiliary weight if needed. On Technics models it is vital to use the auxiliary weight.
- The headshell body is manufactured from a special compound used for Medical industry, ensures high rigidity while reducing unwanted vibration
- Elegant hi-tech design
- Length 52mm. Headshell with a 2M cartridge pre-mounted provides correct Baerwald alignment with Ortofon TA-110/ TA-210 tonearms, likewise with the major part of tonearms with universal mount
NB: available only with a 2M cartridge pre-mounted on the headshell.
Output voltage at 1000 Hz, 5cm/sec. - 4 mV
Channel balance at 1 kHz -
Channel separation at 1 kHz -
Channel separation at 15 kHz -
Frequency range at - 3dB - 20-22.000 Hz
Frequency response - 20-20.000 Hz + 3 / - 1 dB
Tracking ability at 315Hz at recommended tracking force - 70 µm
Compliance, dynamic, lateral - 18 µm/mN
Stylus type - Nude Spherical
Stylus tip radius - R18 µm
Tracking force range - 1,6-2,0g (16-20 mN)
Tracking force, recommended - 1,8 g (18 mN)
Tracking angle - 20°
Internal impedance, DC resistance - 700 Ohm
Internal inductance - 350 mH
Recommended load resistance - 47 kOhm
Recommended load capacitance - 150-300 pF
Cartridge colour, body/stylus - Black/White
Cartridge weight without screws - 7,2 g
Replacement stylus unit - 2M Mono
How to replace M2,0 mm screws on 2M Mono Verso
1. Remove the stylus with the stylus protection guard from the cartridge body to avoid any damage to the diamond.
2. Using Torx 8 key, unscrew the black screw from the Verso top plate.
3. Remove the top plate from the cartridge body by pulling the screws off.
4. Remove the two countersunk screws from the top plate.
5. Insert the two M2,0 mm screws in the top plate.
6. Mount the top plate on the cartridge body. Hold the top plate with screw-threads hanging down and turn the cartridge body 180 degrees. Mount from above.
7. Mount the black screw in the top plate and tighten with appropriate force.
8. Mount the cartridge on the tonearm using the enclosed tool.
9. Mount the stylus with the stylus protection guard on the cartridge body.
2M Mono accessories included the package:
1 x Stylus brush
1 x Screwdriver
2 x Screw M2,5 x 5
2 x Screw M2,5 x 7
2M Mono Verso accessories included the package:
1 x Stylus brush
1 x Allen key Torx 6
1 x Allen key Torx 8
2 x Screw M2,0 x 6