Ortofon 2M Blue Verso Moving Magnet Phono Cartridge
- an improved engine, which provides an increased output of 5.5 mV and an optimized sound reproduction and a high level of sonic accuracy
- Nude Elliptical diamond and split pole pins with a copper wire
- The cartridge body is manufactured from Hopelex, an environment-friendly material which ensures high rigidity while eliminating unwanted resonances.
We have optimized the design for ease of mounting the cartridge, and the weight and size to fit the most common turntables on the market today. The 2M Series provides excellent compatibility when used in an assortment of playback systems and with a wide variety of phono preamps.
The 2M Blue adds more dynamics and resolution, sounds more open and reproduces more details compared to the 2M Red model.
The 2M Blue Verso model is an alternative product for bottom mount headshells
How to replace M2,0 mm screws on 2M Blue Verso
1. Remove the stylus with the stylus protection guard from the cartridge body to avoid any damage to the diamond.
2. Using Torx 8 key, unscrew the black screw from the Verso top plate.
3. Remove the top plate from the cartridge body by pulling the screws off.
4. Remove the two countersunk screws from the top plate.
5. Insert the two M2,0 mm screws in the top plate.
6. Mount the top plate on the cartridge body. Hold the top plate with screw-threads hanging down and turn the cartridge body 180 degrees. Mount from above.
7. Mount the black screw in the top plate and tighten with appropriate force.
8. Mount the cartridge on the tonearm using the enclosed tool.
9. Mount the stylus with the stylus protection guard on the cartridge body.
2M Blue accessories included the package
2M Blue accessories included the package:
- 1 x Stylus brush
- 1 x Screwdriver
- 2 x Screw M2,5 x 5
- 2 x Screw M2,5 x 7
2M Blue Verso accessories included the package:
- 1 x Stylus brush
- 1 x Allen key Torx 6
- 1 x Allen key Torx 8
- 2 x Screw M2,0 x 6
Output voltage at 1000 Hz, 5cm/sec. - 5.5 mV
Channel balance at 1 kHz - 1.5 dB
Channel separation at 1 kHz - 25 dB
Channel separation at 15 kHz - 15 dB
Frequency range at - 3dB - 20-25.000 Hz
Frequency response - 20-20.000 Hz + 2 / - 1 dB
Tracking ability at 315Hz at recommended tracking force - 80 µm
Compliance, dynamic, lateral - 20 µm/mN
Stylus type - Nude Elliptical
Stylus tip radius - r/R 8/18 µm
Tracking force range - 1.6-2.0 g (16-20 mN)
Tracking force, recommended - 1.8 g (18 mN)
Tracking angle - 20°
Internal impedance, DC resistance - 1.3 kOhm
Internal inductance - 700 mH
Recommended load resistance - 47 kOhm
Recommended load capacitance - 150-300 pF
Cartridge colour, body/stylus - Black/Blue
Cartridge weight - 7.2 g
2M PnP MkII cartridge with integrated headshell weight - 20 g
2M PnP MkII cartridge with integrated headshell length - 52 mm
Replacement stylus unit - 2M Blue (interchangeable with 2M Red and 2M Silver)
Stylus lifetime: with proper care we find that up to 1000 hours is possible without degradation of performance. Please read about stylus care on our FAQ.
2M Series styli interchangeability:
The 2M Series' engines, coils and magnets configurations are not identical: Red and Blue are identical, so are the Bronze and Black and so are the true mono variants 2M Mono and 2M 78. Likewise, 2M series styli are interchangeable within the below combinations:
- 2M Red, 2M Blue and 2M Silver
- 2M Bronze and 2M Black
- 2M Mono and 2M 78
Compatibility with Rega brand TT/TA:
REGA brand cartridges’ height from stylus tip to the top cartridge mounting surface is lower than standard. Therefore you would need spacers to ensure the correct set-up of the Ortofon cartridge. Please read about cartridge set-up and alignment on tonearm on our FAQ.
Adjusting the height of your Rega tonearm is easy with Acoustic Signature's Spacer Set. It allows you to adjust the height from 0.5 mm to 3.5 mm in precise steps of 0.5 mm - without removing the tone arm. Simply loosen the screws, insert the AS-spacer, then lock the screws back down, and you're tonearm is ready to play.
3.2 - 4 mm spacers should be enough for 2M cartridge.