Simaudio The Moon 650D Digital to Analog Converter
The MOON 650D Digital-to-Analog Converter / CD Transport follows in the footsteps of the highly acclaimed MOON 750D. Applying what is commonly referred to as trickle-down technology, we have created a product that yields almost all of the 750D's performance, but at a more accessible price-point.
True 32-bit fully asynchronous digital audio playback is achieved by the 650D using a fully balanced differential dual-mono design featuring our own M-AJiC32 circuitry (an asynchronous jitter elimination system). Built around the ESS SABRE32 Ultra DAC operating in 32-bit Hyperstream™, the conversion process uses an astonishing 8 DAC's per channel. The final result is a product that will breakdown all the barriers, bringing you closer to the music than ever before, regardless of how your digital media is stored, be it on a CD, computer, music server, etc.
The back panel features a complete array of digital input (4) and output (2) connections to meet all the needs of today's ever-widening technologies, allowing for a connection to virtually any digital source. The front panel includes a disc drawer for our own proprietary drive mechanism which represents a fifth input. Compatible with the 820S external power supply.
Of course, all of the signature features you would expect in a MOON Evolution series digital product are present: our revolutionary M-Quattro floating suspension, SimLink™, i²DCf, just to name a few, as well as both RS-232 and IR ports for custom-install environments.
Significant Design Features
• Proprietary CD drive system mounted on our M-Quattro gel-based 4-point floating suspension.
• Separate digital and analog power supplies, each with their own toroidal transformer.
• Power supply voltage regulation includes i 2 DCf Independent Inductive DC Filtering); 1 inductor for each and every IC in the audio circuit’s signal path – 18 stages in all.
• Four (4) digital inputs (AES/EBU, S/PDIF, TosLink and USB) allowing for a connection to virtually any digital source.
• Two (2) digital outputs – AES/EBU and S/PDIF.
• Fully compatible with 820S external power supply.
Frequency response (full range) 2Hz - 100kHz +0/-3dB
THD @ 1kHz, 0dBFS (A-weighted) 0.0001%
Intermodulation distortion 0.0001%
Dynamic Range 120dB
Signal-to-noise Ratio 120dB @ full output
Channel Separation 116dB
1 picosecond RMS Analog Output @ 0dBFS 2.0 Volts
Analog output impedance 100Ω
Bit-depth range 16 - 24 bits
Sampling frequency rates 44.1 - 192kHz
Shipping weight 35 lbs / 16 Kgs
Dimensions (width x height x depth) 18.75 x 4.0 x 16.8 in. 47.6 x 10.2 x 42.7 cm