Onkyo TX-NR585 7.2 Channel Network A/V Receiver with Dolby ATMOS and DTS: X
Onkyo TX-NR585 7.2 Channel Network A/V Receiver with Dolby ATMOS and DTS: X
Bring 4K/60p video in HDR10, HLG, or Dolby Vision™ formats from source to screen with Dolby Atmos® and DTS:X® object-based sound for your 5.2.2-channel speaker system, driven effortlessly by Dynamic Audio Amplification. Entertainment continues beyond the home theater with synchronized multi-room audio over Chromecast built-in that works with the Google Assistant, DTS Play-Fi® technology, and FlareConnect™. There are six HDMI® inputs; a phono input with MM pre-amp for your record player; video connections for legacy game consoles; and Powered Zone 2 outputs. Clear and immersive stereo playback meets Spotify, TIDAL, and Amazon Music for easy listening on demand. With high-res audio-video performance to match an unbeatable feature set, now’s the time to introduce your family to tomorrow’s entertainment.
Dolby Atmos® and DTS:X™ with upmixing solutions support
With Dolby Atmos and DTS:X soundtracks, individual sounds are mixed to play through any speaker in your system- they're not tied to specific channels. Enjoy lifelike reproduction of movie and game sound. DTS Neural:X® and Dolby Surround technologies find cues in legacy soundtracks and upmix for playback through your 5.2.2-channel system. Crosscompatibility with Dolby® TrueHD, DTS-HD® Master Audio™ technology, and Dolby® Digital creates multi-dimensional sound for movies on DVD, Blu-ray Disc™, or video streaming service.
Chromecast built-in with the Google Assistant
Stream any music from your smartphone, laptop, or PC to the receiver with ease. Control playback with Chromecast-enabled apps from your iPhone, iPad, Android™ phone or tablet, Mac or Windows laptop, or Chromebook™. If you have a smart speaker featuring the Google Assistant built-in (such as Onkyo Smart Speaker G3), you can cue and control music on the TX-NR585 by voice.
Ready for DTS Play-Fi® multi-room audio
DTS Play-Fi technology allows you to enjoy high-quality music from connected online services, media server, and mobile device library to any number of compatible products using Onkyo Music Control App for iPad, iPhone, and Android smartphones/tablets. DTS Play-Fi technology can synchronize music in every room, and family members can use their own device to listen in a room or group of rooms. Structure a comprehensive multi-room ecosystem to satisfy virtually any need.
Supports 4K HDR, BT.2020, 4K/60 Hz, and HDCP 2.2
Six HDMI® inputs and one ARC-enabled output pass 4K HDR video in HDR10, HLG, and Dolby Vision™ formats through to compatible displays. All support BT.2020 4K video standard, 4K/60 Hz playback, and HDCP 2.2.
AccuEQ & AccuReflex
AccuEQ conducts two measurements- one to set the level, distance and crossover for ALL speakers, including the subwoofer. Choose to include or bypass EQ measurement for front left and right speakers, and choose to automatically or manually set the EQ. Further, you can save your own manual EQ settings into three available presets.
AccuReflex technology aligns the phase of up-firing "height" speakers with the sound coming directly from your other speakers. Any delay is resolved so that everything arrives at your ears at the same time. The result is cohesive reproduction of object-based soundtracks.
Powered Zone 2 and Zone 2 Lineouts
Powered Zone 2 speaker outputs let you send amplified network, S/PDIF, or analog audio sourced to a pair of speakers in another room. Line outputs can connect your home theater sources to a separate hi-fi system. Manage playback using Onkyo Controller.
Phono input for your record player
Own a turntable? Plug it straight into the receiver and enjoy rich and dynamic playback of your vinyl record collection. The TX-NR585 has a discrete low-noise phono pre-amp compatible with moving-magnet cartridges.
Onkyo Controller app entertainment management
Onkyo Controller app collects available streaming services and your network-attached audio into one easy-to-use interface. Select sources, control playback, explore content, and distribute audio around the home with ease.
Wi-Fi®, AirPlay, and Bluetooth® wireless connectivity
Built-in 5 GHz/2.4 GHz Wi-Fi provides network stability for streaming, Onkyo Controller app, and multi-room audio, while Bluetooth wireless technology is on board for easy mobile or laptop connection.
Music lovers have easy access and control of their entire iTunes music library through their receiver. Find and stream music from iPad, iPhone, Mac, and PC over the Apple AirPlay wireless audio platform.
More streaming services and internet radio
Amazon Music, Spotify, TIDAL, Deezer, Pandora®, and TuneIn are all baked in, making entertainment selection easy using Onkyo Controller.
FlareConnect™ Wireless Multi-Room Audio
FlareConnect™ shares audio from network and external audio input sources between compatible components. Enjoy effortless multi-room playback of LP records, CDs, network music services, and more with supported components and speaker systems. Music selection, speaker grouping, and playback management across the home are built into the Onkyo Controller app.
384 kHz/32-bit Hi-Grade DAC
No matter what you're listening to, it will sound powerfully full, clean and clear. A premium-quality AK4458 digital-to-analog converter from Asahi Kasei implements unique low-distortion filtering technologies for clear sound, and unlocks the full potential of any audio format, including compressed, lossless, and hi-res audio (MP3, WMA, FLAC, WAV, OggVorbis, AAC, Apple Lossless, DSD 5.6 MHz, LPCM, and Dolby TrueHD).
Smooth Analog Signal
Onkyo developed Vector Linear Shaping Circuitry (VLSC) to reassemble the audio signal to its original form following processing. Unlike conventional filters, VLSC removes pulse noise generated in D/A conversion, allowing the sound wave to be reproduced with extremely high fidelity for a smooth analog signal.
Dynamic Audio Amplification
Backed by 70 years of experience building high-grade audio components, the TX-NR585 amplifies accurate, noise-free signal processing with high-current power for dynamic speaker control. The result is pure, rich and authentic sound.
Onkyo's dynamic audio amplification delivers massive power at 170 W/Ch (6 Ohms, 1 kHz, 10% THD, 1 Channel Driven)/ 80 W/Ch (8 Ohms, 20 Hz-20 kHz, 0.08% THD, 2 Channels Driven, FTC).
• HDMI terminals supporting HDR10, HLG, Dolby Vision, BT.2020, and 4K/60 Hz pass-through compliant with HDCP 2.2
• 5.2.2-channel Dolby Atmos playback and Dolby Surround upmixing for audio formats including DTS ® codecs
• 5.2.2-channel DTS:X playback and DTS Neural:X ® 3D upmixing supporting Dolby ® formats
• AccuEQ Room Acoustic Calibration with AccuReflex ™ phase alignment for Dolby Atmos-enabled speakers
• Built-in low-noise phono pre-amp equalizer for Moving Magnet (MM) cartridges
• Stable 5 GHz/2.4 GHz Wi-Fi connectivity
• Supports Onkyo Controller app* 2 for intuitive multi-room operation
• Chromecast built-in wireless audio streaming technology that works with the Google Assistant
• DTS Play-Fi multi-room audio with Onkyo Music Control App* 2
• Supports audio streaming from iPad, iPhone, Mac, and iTunes via AirPlay
• Hi-Res Audio playback including DSD 5.6 MHz/2.8 MHz* , 192 kHz/24-bit FLAC* , WAV (RIFF)* , AIFF, ALAC* , and Dolby ® TrueHD* • Amazon Music, Spotify, TIDAL, Pandora, and Deezer music streaming services and TuneIn internet radio
• FlareConnect multi-room audio distribution to compatible components
• Powered Zone 2 speaker outputs and Zone 2 line-output with DAC supporting digital* and analog audio playback
• Bluetooth ® wireless audio technology for mobiles, laptops, and PCs (Version 4.1 + LE, Profile: A2DP v1.2, AVRCP v1.3)
• Advanced Music Optimizer improves compressed digital audio quality, including Bluetooth audio
• Support for front L/R bi-amping in a 5.2-channel speaker layout
• 480i de-interlacing (480i to 480p) via HDMI for legacy video formats AMPLIFICATION FEATURES
• 170 W/Ch (6 ohms, 1 kHz, 10% THD, 1 channel driven); 80 W/ch (8 ohms, 20 Hz–20 kHz, 0.08% THD, 2 channels driven, FTC)
• Dynamic Audio Amplification for thrilling multichannel and stereo sound
• High-current power drives large speakers with 4-ohm resistance
• H.C.P.S. (High Current Power Supply) customized transformer
• VLSC (Vector Linear Shaping Circuitry) high-frequency noise removal technology (Front L/R channels)
• Non-phase-shift amplification circuitry for a clear and cohesive audio image
• Discrete output stage circuitry for low distortion
• Dolby Atmos and DTS:X reproduction (supports 5.2.2 channels)
• HDMI support for 4K/60 Hz, HDR10, HLG, Dolby Vision, 3D, Audio Return Channel, DeepColor™, x.v.Color™, LipSync, Dolby Atmos, Dolby TrueHD, DTS:X, DTS-HD®Master Audio™, DSD, DVD- Audio, Super Audio CD (SACD), multichannel PCM, and CEC
• High-grade AKM (AK4458) 384 kHz/32-bit multichannel DAC
• PLL (Phase Locked Loop) jitter-cleaning technology for S/PDIF audio • 32-bit Digital Signal Processing (DSP)
• Listening modes for gaming (Rock, Sports, Action, and RPG)
• Theater-Dimensional virtual surround-sound function
• Direct Mode for audio reproduction close to original source quality
• Tone controls (bass/treble) for front L/R channels
• 6 HDMI inputs and 1 output
• Powered USB terminal (5 V, 1 A) for audio playback (rear)
• 2 composite video inputs and 2 component video inputs
• 3 digital audio inputs (2 optical and 1 coaxial)
• 6 analog audio inputs, 1 stereo
1/8 ̋ (3.5 mm) analog input (front)
• Phono input (MM) and equalizer for turntable connection
• 2 subwoofer pre-outs
• 1/4 ̋ (6.35 mm) headphone jack (front)
• Speaker setup mic input (front)
• Banana-plug-compatible speaker posts
• Crossover adjustment for each channel (40/50/60/70/80/90/100/120/150/180/200 Hz)
• A/V Sync Control (up to 500 ms in 5 ms steps at 48 kHz)
• Graphical User Interface with overlaid On-Screen Display via HDMI
• Quick Setup Guide via GUI and easy connection diagram on rear panel
• Easy-to-use input selector buttons
• Economical HDMI pass-through and Network Standby functions
• IP control support for home automation systems
• 3-mode display dimmer (normal/dim/dimmer)
• 40 FM/AM random presets
• Simple remote control