Polk Audio 65-RT Vanishing RT Series 6 1/2" 2-Way In-Wall Speaker (Each)
Premium Bass, Small Space, No Face
Polk's patented PowerPort bass venting system greatly enhances the smooth low-end response in this easy-to-place, single-woofer in-wall speaker. Recommended for use as left and right front channel speakers, stealth side or rear surround speakers in an RTi theater system setup, or for superior dynamics in practically invisible multi-zone music systems. Virtually-flush mounting with a minimal-flange design means this speaker never attracts attention by its looks, only by its performance.
- Vanishing Series built-in speakers feature our exclusive wafer-thin Sheer-Grille , a magnetically-secured grille that protrudes only 7mm from its surroundings. Sheer-Grilles have nearly transparent, ultra-small perfs, and are acoustically inert, for dynamic, unimpeded sound and more uniform coverage, even in larger rooms.
- Painted to match your d cor, Vanishing Series built-in speakers are virtually indistinguishable from their surroundings.
- Reflective surfaces in rooms can make sound brighter and cause image distortion. Engaging the Vanishing reflective room compensation feature (by selecting the low setting) lowers the tweeter level to compensate for reflective surfaces. Vanishing reflective room compensation is a custom audio control that cuts the level only in the 4-5kHz range, exactly where reflectivity destroys sound quality. Outside this narrow 1kHz band, the tweeter retains its detailed and accurate high frequency response, for no loss of realistic musical details.
- Vanishing Series RT speakers are timbre-matched to Polk RTi speakers to insure utterly seamless blending from speaker to speaker in systems that combine traditional and built-in speakers.
- If positioning limitations demand that your loudspeakers be installed closer than 2 feet from side walls, the proximity of the surface can result in a response bump between 50 and 200Hz. This can create a boomy' sound. The Vanishing wall distance toggle switch is a custom audio control that adjusts the crossover to flatten response and tune out boomness, without sacrificing deep bass response, for more lifelike sound and more flexible placement.
- PowerPort bass venting is Polk's patented design for smoothly transitioning the air flow from the port into your listening area, eliminating turbulence and distortion, for bigger, more efficient, deep bass impact.
- Easy one-cut, drop-in installation puts built-in audio within reach, with Perfect Fit templates, a precision flange, and (available) pre-construction brackets; achieve secure, vibration-free efficiency with a simple turn of the patented Rotating Cam system.
Included Accessories:• (1) Polk’s Wafer-thin Sheer Grille™ - White, Paintable
Optional Accessories:• (1) PB LC65i - Pre-Construction Bracket - Sold Separate
Carton 1:5.5" (13.97 cm) h x 11" (27.94 cm) w x 16.5" (41.91 cm) d - 7.33 lbs (3.32 kg)IN-WALL SPEAKER
Qty Included: 1
Availability: US Internationally
Depth: 3.5" (8.89 cm)
Weight: 4.55 lbs (2.06 kg)
Driver Enclosure Type: PowerPort Bass Vented
• (1) 1" (2.54 cm) d (Round) Dynamic Balance Silk/Polymer Composite Dome Tweeter - Tweeter
• (1) 6.5" (16.51 cm) d (Round) Dynamic Balance Mineral-Filled Polypropylene Cone with Rubber Surround Mid/Woofer - Mid/Woofer
Grille Dimensions: 14.38" (36.53 cm) h x 8.88" (22.56 cm) w
Available Orientations: Vertical
Dimensions: 12.75" (32.39 cm) h x 7.25" (18.42 cm) w
Total Frequency Response: 32 Hz → 27,000 Hz
Nominal Impedance: 8 ohmsSensitivity (1 watt @ 1 meter):90 dB
Lower and Upper -3dB Limits:50 Hz → 25,000 Hz
Speaker Inputs: (1) Pair of Push Connectors - Gold-Plated
Recommended Amplifier Power Per Channel:10 watts → 125 watts