Yamaha CXA5200 Aventage 11 Channel AV Preamplifier with MusicCast (Back to product)
1 of 5
Yamaha CX-A5200 Aventage 11.2 Channel A/V Preamplifier with MusicCast
Supreme Performance. Built from the ground up, this preamplifier processor delivers the best in performance and technology. Harness the latest technologies in audio and video in your theater and pair it with the MX-A5200 Amplifier for the ultimate experience.
AVENTAGE Separates represent the ultimate in home entertainment and Yamaha establishes a new benchmark in performance and innovation with the CX-A5200 pre-amplifier and MX-A5200 power amplifier.
Intelligent surround sound comes right out of the box. This AI technology built into the DSP analyzes each scene and creates an optimal surround effect to reproduce it with the greatest effect. In real time, this AI instantaneously analyzes scenes by focusing on distinct sound elements such as dialogue, background music, ambient sounds and sound effects, and automatically optimizes the surround effect.
The result is a compelling sense of realism beyond conventional sound field effects, giving you the best of every scene in an entertainment experience.
A New Height in Sound. Dolby Atmos and DTS:X
Object-based audio brings a sense of immersion to breathtaking new heights through the use of overhead speakers and precise location of sounds not just around the listener, but on a 3D plane.
Together with Dolby and DTS, Yamaha brings this latest development in cinema surround sound into the home with astonishing realism and unsurpassed performance.
A New Dimension in Sound
In addition to conventional channel-based audio, a 3D space can be created in which separate acoustic elements can move freely, giving a sensation of the motion of 'objects' above the viewer’s head.
Improved CINEMA DSP HD3 features signal processing algorithms to heighten this sense of realism further.
Automatically Calibrated, Advanced Sound Optimization
Enjoy balanced sound for any room. YPAO R.S.C. (Reflected Sound Control) analyzes the acoustics of the room with the included YPAO microphone to tune the system for the best sound in any room.
The calibration employs R.S.C. to correct early reflections for theater-quality surround sound.
YPAO 3D provides automatic sound parameter optimization that maximizes the 3D sound field of CINEMA DSP HD3 as well Dolby Atmos and DTS:X.
With 64-bit high-precision EQ calculations, this technology produces the most natural room acoustics possible.
Professional-grade ESS DACs
The CX-A5200 features two of the latest ESS SABRE PRO Premier DACs (ES9026 PRO) delivering state-of-the-art 32-bit performance.
Further, the DACs also minimize noise levels and achieve an exceptional signal-to-noise ratio.
Redesigned Power Transformer
In pursuit of dynamic expression and quality output, the CX-A5200 employs a large, redesigned power transformer to maximize performance and hone in on precision.
Deep and powerful sound is achieved with enhanced regulation of power while a thick brass plate dampens unwanted vibrations.
Heavy-Duty Bottom Plate
Stabilizing the chassis is the key to enhanced performance and sound. The CX-A5200 achieves this by employing a thick bottom plate which acts to steady and immobilize the entire structure and achieve optimal sound.
Balanced Connections and High-Quality XLR Terminals
Electrical noise is an inherent issue with cabling due to connection with other AV components, the connections between them and from other sources of external noise.
To ensure that the CX-A5200 is not affected by such distortion, it uses balanced connections that are highly noise resistant – the same type as generally used in high-end professional audio equipment.
Even the RCA unbalanced connections use a ground sensing transmission method that achieves simple balanced transmission. Moreover, XLR terminals allow for the use of long cables.
The CX-A5200 also allows a balanced audio input connection from high-end source components such as CD players.
Designed for Dolby Atmos
Yamaha provides multiple placement patterns for presence speakers that support Dolby Atmos, creating an immersive sound field that’s ideal for any setup.
Any layout can be appropriately reproduced, including the three-dimensional space of CINEMA DSP as well as Dolby Atmos.
Furthermore, YPAO R.S.C. fine tunes the listening environment and takes full advantage of the detailed immersive sound technology of Dolby Atmos.
MusicCast Multi-Room Audio
MusicCast makes it easier than ever to share audio throughout the home using your home Wi-Fi network.
The CX-A5200 works seamlessly with other MusicCast products – including multi-room streaming amplifiers, sound bars, wireless speakers and Hi-Fi gear – all controllable from the MusicCast app or from a third-party control system such as Control4, RTI or ELAN.
MusicCast gives you access to your favorite streaming music services and music libraries, plus it lets you stream sources connected to the CX-A5200, including TV sound, CDs and vinyl records.
The CX-A5200 delivers unsurpassed flexibility for a truly integrated home audio system.
A World of Music
With built-in music streaming services* and connectivity options, enjoy all your content including internet radio stations, and music from your smart devices with the CX-A5200.
Surround Sound Processing
- Surround: AI: Yes
- Cinema DSP: Yes (HD3)
- DSP programs: 34
- Dialog level adjustment: Yes
- Virtual presence speaker: Yes
- Virtual surround back speaker: Yes
- Dialogue lift: Yes (no presence speakers required)
- SILENT Cinema/Virtual Cinema DSP: Yes
- Dolby Atmos
- Dolby TrueHD
- Dolby Digital Plus
- Dolby Digital
- DTS-HD Master Audio
- File format: MP3/WMA/Mpeg-4 AAC: up to 48kHz/16-bit, ALAC: up to 96kHz/24-bit, FLAC: up to 384kHz/24-bit, WAV/AIFF: up to 384kHz/32-bit, DSD: up to 11.2MHz
- Pure Direct: Yes (with video on mode)
- Compressed music enhancer: Yes
- High-resolution music enhancer: Yes
- YPAO multi-point measurement: Yes with RSC (reflected sound control), 3D, 64-bit high precision EQ calculation and angle measurement
- YPAO volume: Yes
- Adaptive DRC (Dynamic Range Control): Yes
- ART wedge: Yes
- Audio delay: Yes (0-500ms)
- DA converter: ESS 384kHz/32-bit SABRE PRO premier DAC ES9026PRO x 2 (for all channels including presence speakers)
- 4K Ultra HD passthrough and upscaling: Yes (4K/60p, 4:4:4)
- HDMI 3D passthrough: Yes
- HDMI eARC: Yes
- HDMI Audio Return Channel: Yes
- Component upconversion: Yes
- HDMI upscaling: Yes (analog to HDMI/HDMI to HDMI)
- Video adjustment: Yes
- Deep Color/x.v.Color/24Hz Refresh Rate/Auto lip-sync: Yes
- MusicCast Surround
- Wi-Fi: 2.4/5GHz
- Phono input
- XLR terminal
- Component video input/output: 2/0
- HDMI input/output: 7/3 (HDCP2.2, HDR10/Dolby Vision/HLG and BT.2020 compatible)
- HDMI CEC: Yes (SCENE, device control)
- USB input: USB memory
- Network port
- Front AV input: USB/analog audio
- Digital input/output: Optical: 3/0
- Digital audio input/output: Coaxial: 3/0
- Analog audio input/output: XLR Balance: 1/0, RCA unbalance: 9 (front 1)/0
- Composite video input/output: 4/0
- Preout: XLR balance: 11.2ch, RCA unbalance: 11.2ch
- Headphone output: 1
- FM/AM tuner: Yes
- On-screen display: Graphical user interface
- SCENE: SCENE PLUS (8 sets)
- App control: Yes (iPhone/iPad/Android phone/tablet)
- Web browser control: Yes
- Remote control unit: Yes (preset, full LED backlight)
- Zone 2 audio output: Preout/HDMI
- Zone 3 audio output: Preout
- Zone 4 audio output: HDMI
- Zone video output: HDMI/component/composite
- Zone HDMI: Yes (advanced HDMI zone switching)
- Zone B output: HDMI
- Zone GUI
- RS-232C interface
- +12V trigger output: 2
- Remote IR input/output: 1/1
- Party mode
- Standby power consumption (IR only): ≤0.1W
- Auto power standby: Yes
- ECO mode: Yes
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 17 1/8" x 7 1/2" x 18 5/8"
- Weight: 33.5 lbs.
Search Tags:Yamaha CX-A5200 Yamaha CXA5200 CX-A5200 CXA5200 Yamaha Aventage Preampliifer Yamaha 11.2 Channel Preamplifier