Marantz SR6012 9 Channel Full 4K Ultra HD AV Receiver with Built In HEOS (Back to product)
1 of 3
Marantz SR6012 9.2 Channel Full 4K Ultra HD A/V Receiver with Built-In HEOS Technology
Immerse yourself in stunning 3D surround sound with the SR6012 AV receiver, featuring Dolby Atmos and DTS:X surround decoding, with the ability to drive overhead speakers. It is equipped with 9 channel amplification, rated at 110 watts per channel (8 ohm, 20 Hz - 20 kHz, 0.08% 2ch Drive), so you can set up a 7.1.2 or 5.1.4 3D experience without an external amplifier; with an additional amp the set-up can expand to 7.1.4, as the SR6012 features 11.2 channel processing. in simpler surround set-ups two channels of the SR6012's integrated amplification can be assigned to drive speakers in a second audio zone, even playing a different source from that in the main room.
The SR6012's futureproof advanced video section is fully compatible with the latest HDMI and HDCP 2.2 specifications on all 8 HDMI inputs. With 4K Ultra HD 60Hz video, 4:4:4 Pure Color sub-sampling, High Dynamic Range (HDR), 21:9 video, 3D, and BT.2020 and Dolby Vision pass-through on every input, the SR6012 is absolutely future-proof. And in addition, HLG (Hybrid Log Gamma) pass-through is also supported for forthcoming HDR broadcasting contents, and eARC (Enhanced Audio Return Channel) will be supported via a firmware update as well.
Built-in HEOS wireless multi-room music networking technology means the SR6012 can integrate with other HEOS products to enable you to enjoy your favorite music around your home. Explore, browse, and play your own music library, and access online streaming music service and thousands of internet radio stations using the free HEOS app, while Bluetooth and AirPlay let you stream music directly from any compatible device.
Powerful 9 Channel Discrete Amplifier and Eco Mode
The SR6012 features identical discrete high-current output power amplifier devices on each of its 9 channels for superb sound with both music and movies. Rated at 110 watts per channel (8 ohm, 20 Hz - 20 kHz, 0.08% 2ch Drive), it has low-impedance drive capability, for excellent speaker control, and is compatible with 4 ohm speakers too. To enjoy immersive 3D sound, you can set up a 7.1.2 or 5.1.4 3D experience without the need of external amplifier, or expand to 7.1.4 with an additional two-channel amp. using the SR6012's 11.2-channel processing. Meanwhile the Eco mode provides energy savings: it features an on-screen Eco meter, and allows the receiver to be used in power-saving mode. It will either reduce the maximum output power or adopt low-power strategies at more modest settings – and all without affecting the SR6012's superb sound quality.
Latest HDMI Connectivity; HDR, Dolby Vision, HLG, and HDCP 2.2 Compatible
With 8 HDMI inputs, including one conveniently located on the front panel for quick connection of video sources, and triple HDMI outputs, the SR6012 has an advanced video section supporting the latest HDMI specification, including 4K Ultra HD 60Hz video, 4:4:4 Pure Color sub-sampling, BT.2020 and HDR (High Dynamic Range) pass-through support on every input. Dolby Vision compatibility, as well as HLG (Hybrid Log Gamma), new HDR format for broadcasting, pass-through capability are newly supported.
It also features HDCP 2.2 compatibility, for 4K Ultra HD copy-protected content, on all HDMI inputs making it ready for the next generation of Blu-ray disc players, set-top boxes and 4K Ultra HD streams and downloads. The video processor can also upscale SD and HD video content to full 4K Ultra HD, breathing new life into your favorite legacy sources.
Three HDMI outputs are provided - two for the main zone, so you can run a TV and projector in parallel, and one for a second zone.
Feel every dimension in Dolby Atmos. Dolby Atmos transports you into the story with moving audio that flows all around you with breathtaking realism. Enjoy a 5.1 surround sound speaker system and 4 additional overhead speakers or 4 Dolby Atmos elevation speakers (both with additional 2 channel amplifier) for the ultimate home theater experience - including Dolby Surround upmixer for legacy content.
DTS:X™ immersive audio places sound where it would occur naturally in space, creating a lifelike, multi-dimensional audio experience in the home. The improved immersion and heightened realism draw you into the world of your favorite movies. The included spatial remapping engine, DTS Neural:X™, gives your movie, game and music collections a new lease on life! DTS:X brings the theater home.
HDMI eARC Object-Based Audio Support
eARC (Enhanced Audio Return Channel) supports Dolby Atmos or DTS:X from your TV apps with a single HDMI connection for the simplest setup. This feature will be enabled via a future firmware update.
Built-in Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, and AirPlay Capability
Featuring Bluetooth & Wi-Fi wireless streaming connectivity, the SR6012 is equipped with an advanced dual antenna transceiver system, for robust streaming even in congested urban environments. With Apple's AirPlay compatibility, you can enjoy listing to your favorite tracks wirelessly from your favorite iOS device such as iPhone and iPad.
HEOS: The Perfect Solution for Wireless Multi-Room Music Streaming
With built-in HEOS wireless multi-room technology, the SR6012 can become a key component of a HEOS system. You can enjoy your favorite music anywhere and everywhere around your home, controlled by the free HEOS app. Command music in every room from any device to play the same song in every room, or different songs in each zone.
The HEOS app opens the gate to multiple steaming services on your SR6012 or any other connected HEOS devices, including Pandora®, Spotify®, TuneIn Internet radio, Amazon Prime Music, iHeartRadio, SiriusXM, SoundCloud®, Tidal, Napster or Deezer (*). You can also stream music from your phone, USB stick, or local network drives, all using the HEOS app, with favorites and playlist functions supported. *Availability differs by area, subscription may be required.
Marantz 2016 AVR Remote
Re-designed from the ground up, the Marantz 2016 AVR Remote app gives you unprecedented control over the latest generation of Marantz network AV Receivers, from iOS and Android phones and tablets. Along with many new features, the graphics and user interface have been completely overhauled: control power, volume, input and settings, or switch within the app to the HEOS app to access an incredible range of music content and streaming services, all with full HEOS wireless multi-room control.
Discover the incredible fidelity of high resolution audio with the SR6012's ability to decode up to 24-bit/192-kHz ALAC, FLAC and WAV lossless files as well as DSD 2.8MHz and 5.6MHz tracks (the audiophile format of SACD). Play hi-res music via the front panel USB port and network sources, and also listen to other popular file types such as MP3.
Advanced 32-bit D/A Conversion on all channels
For optimum fidelity and the widest dynamic range with lowest distortion, the SR6012 features advanced reference-class 32-bit AKM D/A converters on all channels. This ensures consistent high fidelity and precise channel matching across all channels for the ultimate listening experience.
High Grade Audio Components; Marantz HDAM and Current Feedback Topology
Featuring exclusive Marantz HDAM (Hyper Dynamic Amplifier Module) technology found on our Reference Series components, the SR6012 incorporates multiple HDAM modules which provide superior low noise wideband performance in an all-discrete configuration, compared to conventional op amp ICs. HDAM technology provides an ultra fast slew rate for true wideband response and maximum dynamic range to deliver optimum sound quality with today’s high resolution audio formats.
In addition to HDAM technology, the SR6012 also features Current Feedback instead of the typical voltage feedback configuration. A Marantz innovation introduced on our very first audiophile amplifiers more than 60 years ago, Current Feedback technology provides a wide closed-loop bandwidth and very high slew rate, delivering superior fidelity with wideband audio sources.
Advanced Audyssey MultEQ XT32
Equipped with the flagship Audyssey suite of features, the SR6012 features Audyssey MultEQ XT32 automatic room acoustic correction using advanced DSP algorithms. With the supplied measurement microphone, it analyzes the output of each speaker (including the subwoofers) at up to 8 measurement locations, then generates precision digital filters that optimize each channel for the bets possible sound.
Audyssey Dynamic Volume smoothes out annoying jumps in volume (such as TV commercials), letting you listen at lower levels while still enjoying clear dialogue, music and sound effects, while Audyssey Dynamic EQ provides full-range clarity at any listening level.
Audyssey Low Frequency Containment uses advanced psychoacoustic algorithms to deliver a full-range balance, including deep bass, but without disturbing close-by neighbors or those in other rooms, and features a multi-step adjustment.
Audyssey Sub EQ HT provides individual DSP tailoring of each subwoofer in a dual subwoofer setup, allowing deeper bass with improved definition when compared to a single subwoofer configuration.
The Audyssey MultEQ Editor App
The SR6012 supports the brand-new Audyssey MultEQ Editor App. Go ‘under the hood’, view and adjust settings for detailed tuning, customize the sound more precisely to the specific problems in your room, and tailor the sound to your personal preferences.
The Audyssey MultEQ Editor app, for Android and iOS, is available for purchase from the Apple App Store or Google Play Store.
External Control Capabilities
The SR6012 has a range of features to provide enhanced control and compatibility with 3rd party and custom integration solutions. For compatibility with other components there's a remote control input and output on the rear panel, along with a flasher input and a 12V trigger output, while for direct connection to external home automation and control equipment, there's an RS-232C serial port. The SR6012 can be set up and operated by a home computer via network IP control (via wired LAN or Wi-Fi), and also features Crestron Connected and Control4 SDDP (Simple Device Detection Protocol) for quick and easy integration with home automation equipment.
Dual Subwoofer Outputs
A single subwoofer demands optimal placement to avoid audible peaks and dips in the low-frequency response at the main listening position. The SR6012 supports two subwoofers: used in different locations, these will even out the low-frequency response for more accurate bass anywhere in the room.
Whatever your family's entertainment needs, the SR6012 delivers: you can enjoy 7.1-channel surround sound in the main room, and at the same time play stereo sound from another source in a different part of the house. Simply connect a pair of stereo speakers to the multi-room amplified outputs, or hook up a separate stereo amp and speakers to the Zone 2 pre-outs.
Smart TV Connectivity
Via the HDMI CEC (consumer electronics control) functionality on some Smart TVs, it's possible to control the SR6012 with the TV's remote handset. With the receiver's "HDMI control" set to ON, set "Smart Menu" receiver control functions and the TV's Smart Menu home screen will provide you direct access to source and surround mode selections, the main setup menu, and Smart Select configuration presets.
Simple Smart Select Functions
The SR6012 has four Smart Select buttons on the front panel and the remote control: each stores a preferred setup – input, volume and Audyssey configuration – for a particular source. Push one button and the SR6012 can be perfectly configured for anything from Blu-ray or your TV set-top box to your favorite Internet radio station.
Easy To Setup, Easy To Use
For easy installation, the SR6012's horizontal row of premium loudspeaker terminals is color coded, with a set of matching cable-labels supplied to ensure correct hook-up. The AVR's clear graphical on-screen display has an exclusive Setup Assistant, combining with the Quick Start guide to provide guidance and optimize critical settings for the best possible sound quality, whatever your configuration.
More than 60 Years of Audiophile Heritage
Founded in 1953, Marantz has a long and rich history of designing audio components embraced by music lovers and critical listeners around the world. Because Music Matters so much in our lives, the SR6012 carries on our long tradition of delivering superlative stereo listening, as well as the ultimate home theater experience.
Power and Processing:
- 9-channel amplifier
- 110 watts per channel into 8 ohms (20-20,000 Hz) at 0.08% THD, with 2 channels driven
- Dolby® and DTS® surround sound decoding
- Dolby Atmos processing for use with in-ceiling or "height" speakers for more enveloping home theater sound
- DTS:X for an immersive, 3-dimensional soundstage
- video upconversion (up to 1080p and 4K) for analog and HDMI sources
- built-in HEOS technology wirelessly connects compatible HEOS components for whole home audio
- free HEOS app offers easy Wi-Fi control, settings adjustments, and music selection and playback
- Audyssey speaker calibration and system optimization includes:
- MultEQ® XT32 auto setup and room calibration delivers balanced, dynamic sound with enhanced surround performance for as many as eight seating positions
- Audyssey Dynamic Volume mode to keep listening levels steady
- Audyssey Dynamic EQ for fuller sound at lower listening levels
- Audyssey Low Frequency Containment reduces the amount of bass that bleeds into other rooms
- Audyssey Sub EQ HT provides individual calibration for dual subwoofers, for even bass response throughout the room
- Audyssey MultEQ app for further audio customization (paid app; not included)
Digital Music Options:
- built-in Wi-Fi for listening to music from a networked PC, free internet radio, and music services
- includes support for Pandora®, SiriusXM, and free internet radio streams with TuneIn (subscription required for some services)
- Spotify® Connect lets you play Spotify's streaming music library through the receiver via your smartphone or tablet (requires Spotify app and a premium subscription)
- Apple® AirPlay® for streaming music from an iPhone®, iPad®, iPod touch® or computer running iTunes®
- built-in Bluetooth® for wireless music listening with smartphones, tablets, and compatible computers
- plays high-resolution digital music files via USB storage device or a networked computer (PCM up to 24-bit/192kHz resolution; DSD up to 5.6MHz .dsf files)
- MDAX2 (Marantz Dynamic Audio eXpander 2) for better sound from MP3s and other digital music files
- dual-room/dual-source output
- amp assign function lets you use Height 1 and Height 2 speaker outputs for Zone 2, Front B, or bi-amping front speakers
- powered and line-level stereo outputs for 2nd room allow 5.2- or 7.2-channel sound in main room
- HDMI dual-zone switching for watching video content from different sources in two zones simultaneously
- supports 2nd zone output from digital sources
Audio Performance Features:
- Marantz's Hyper Dynamic Amplifier Module (HDAM) offers improved dynamic range and detail while reducing noise
- current feedback circuit for accurate, natural sound at all volume levels
- Pure Direct mode turns off unused circuitry for cleaner audio signals
- HDMI 2.0b audio/video switching: 8 in (includes 1 front-panel input), 3 out
- HDCP 2.2 technology ensures compatibility with 4K Ultra HD sources and TVs (all HDMI inputs and outputs)
- HDR-compatible for extended picture contrast and brightness with compatible 4K TVs and HDR-encoded content
- component video switching: 2 in, 1 out
- composite video switching: 4 in, 1 out (includes front-panel input)
- digital audio inputs: 2 optical and 2 coaxial
- 5 analog stereo RCA audio inputs
- phono input for connecting a turntable
- 7.1-channel preamp inputs
- 11.2-channel preamp outputs include outputs for 2 powered subwoofers
- front-panel USB port for audio playback from USB memory devices
- outputs for 11 speakers (Front L/R, Center, Surround L/R, Surround Back L/R, Height1 L/R, Height2 L/R)
- receiver can power a maximum of 9 channels at once
- Ethernet port for wired network connection
- RS-232C, remote (IR), and 12 volt-trigger connections for use with external controllers
- 1/4" headphone output
- detachable power cord
- 4K/60p and 3D video pass-through
- free Marantz AVR Remote app lets you use your Apple or Android™ device as a Wi-Fi remote
- Setup Assistant guides you through the initial connection process and settings
- intuitive, full-color on-screen guide
- 4 smart select function buttons for one-touch power-up, source selection and recall of volume and Audyssey configuration
- Video Select lets you listen to music while watching video from a different source
- HDMI standby pass-through allows HDMI switching without powering up receiver
- AM/FM tuner
- remote control
- 17-3/8"W x 6-3/8"H x 16-7/16"D (9-1/8"H with Wi-Fi antennas raised)
- weight: 28.2 lbs.
- warranty: 3 years
Search Tags:Marantz SR6012 SR6012 Marantz AV Receiver Marantz SR6012 4K Receiver Marantz HEOS AV Receiver